Monday, February 21, 2011

Positive drinking?


Is it just me, or does the sun really need to dust off those cobwebs and come out again?

I'll admit it, I'm the type of person whose day tends to be really affected by the weather.
It's mainly the temperature - I feel the cold really easily, so as soon as its cold, windy or rainy I dread going outside. 

However, lately Spring Valley has inspired me to find the Spring in my every day.
By Spring, I mean that little boost - something that makes you smile or warms your heart.

So, what kind of things put the spring in my day? 

Chanel, my pup - somehow I managed to find the worlds cutest puppy who always manages to make me smile. Whether it be the way she will come up and paw at my leg when I'm working away at the computer or the way she scrunches her face up just so she can play with a toy that is double the size of her head. 

Baking - I love the satisfaction of creating something that works. Lately I've been trying my hand at bread making and experimenting with new recipes. My latest success? Soft pretzels! 

Little kids - Okay, I know that might sound creepy - but I can't be the only one who loves to see little ones running around without a care in the world. The carefree attitude of kids definitely inspires me to be more like that myself! Everyone needs to let loose and enjoy sometimes!

Good Food - Sometimes a delicious meal can give your day that added boost - perhaps its the pancakes you had for breakfast or that sandwich that took your right back to your childhood or the to-die-for cupcake you had for dessert, food has the ability to create memories as well as to take you back to a specific moment in time.

There's a million other things that make me smile, and I'm making it my mission to find at least one thing that adds a little spring to my every day.
It's all about taking note of the little things - maybe it's the smell of rain as you walked out the door this morning (I dislike rain immensley but I love the smell of it) or maybe its the cute old couple who strolled past you on their afternoon walk - I challenge you to find the spring in your every day!

And... DON'T FORGET!
All you have to do is tell me what makes you smile and puts the spring in your day to win a pair of Morrissey Sunglasses! Just click here and comment away! 


Back to Spring Valley, 
I was sent a whole bunch of Banana and Berry Nectar to try as part of the Sunnie Days promotion. 

This juice is super thick with the sweet taste of berries and banana and is a new addition to the Spring Valley Range. 
It's perfect for adding to things like jellies, smoothies or punches or drinking on its own. 
The juice does have a strong banana smell, put don't be put off! the banana flavour definitely isn't overpowering.
It definitely has a Spring Vibe about it and I'm inspired to make some sort of banana berry sorbet! 

But do tell me, 
What has been your latest success in the kitchen?
and What would be your ultimate juice combination? 

3 comments:

  1. I will have to look for that juice!
    And thank you for the bar recommendation!
    Also, I found an almond milk at Cole's but it didn't look very good so I just stuck to the soy milk. Ah well! You should email me btw!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I know what you mean about sunshine and moods!!! I am so sad to know that Summer is fast disappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - Soy sounds like the safe option :P I shall email you!

    Lisa - I reaaaally don't like winter. AT ALL. I've even contemplated living half my year in the southern hemisphere and the other half in the northern hemisphere :P

    ReplyDelete