Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The best thing since sliced bread

That would have to be freshly baked sliced bread, no?

It's hard to beat the smell of bread baking away in the oven,
though I know the thought of actually making bread terrifies some people. 
Especially if they're gluten intolerant!

Seeing as Coeliac Awareness week is coming up soon, 
I thought now would be a good time to show you some more gluten free goodies. 

A while ago, I was sent a bunch of Simply Wize products.
All of the Simply Wize products are Gluten Free and provide delicious alternatives for those with Coeliac conditions.


The loaf of bread you see at the beginning of the post was made using the Crusty Bread Mix.
The mix makes it super easy to have a loaf of fresh, gluten free bread without the hassle of going out and buying a whole lot of different flours and stabilisers and whatever else. 
All you have to add is a sachet of instant yeast, water and oil and within an hour you'll have bread baking away!

The end product was a crusty loaf of bread with soft innards.
Unlike some gluten free breads, you couldn't actually tell it was any different
and by that, I mean it didn't taste like cardboard or have an awful gummy texture.


The deli wafers are delicious, and most definitely my favourite product from what I was sent.
They're light and crunchy and perfect for topping with cheese or dips. 

The Cheese wafers have a subtle real cheese flavour.
These were my favourite and I was so glad to find they didn't have that overpowering artificial cheese flavour that you find in other crackers and chips (think: twisties)

The Poppy seed and Sea Salt wafers are divine with cheese so they're the perfect addition to any cheese platter!

Don't worry, these will be a staple in my pantry from now on :)


The Corn Crunch is a deliciously moreish salty snack made from lightly salted corn kernels.
Yep, REAL corn kernels.
They definitely live up to their name with the crunch and are a perfect alternative to regular old potato chips!


Now, away from snacks and onto dinner - 
Simply Wize also make a gluten free Gnocchi that melts in your mouth.
I'm sure you could convince your friends that you'd been slaving away in the kitchen all day like a true Italian Mama when, infact, all you've done is added the gnocchi to some boiling water and topped it with some sauce!


 Now, in the supermarket there are plenty of ready made pizza bases you can pick up and take home to make a quick and easy dinner, however, there aren't that many options for people with Coeliac Disease.
Simply Wize solve that dilemma with their Pizza Crust
Now, I'll be honest, in the packet the pizza crusts don't look all that appealing.
But don't bail on me yet! I promise once they're topped with toppings and baked until crispy, you'll be thanking me!

The pizza crusts are delicious and have a great flavour from the italian herbs. 
They're individual sized and perfect for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.

Proof they look far better once they're cooked!

To find out where you can get your hands on some Simply Wize products, check out their stockist page :)
and to find out more about Coeliac Disease have a look at my previous post 
(and while you're there - enter my giveaway to win over $100 worth of products!)

But do tell me! 
What's your snack of choice?
and what's your super easy/lazy dinner of choice?

I love crunchy snacks, especially crackers with cheese or dips 
though lately I've been leaning towards homemade bran muffins with peanut butter
or anything with peanut butter, really.  
My favourite lazy dinner is probably a ham and cheese toasted croissant with salad
or a pita pizza with feta :)


Kristy was sent Simply Wize products courtesy of www.momentumfoods.com.au
If you'd like a review of your products, send an email to ksayerphotography@gmail.com








5 comments:

  1. Are you gluten intolerant? I've always thought it would be so hard but there seems to be so many products that keep being developed. Seeing the pizza crust made me wonder how Italian food is in Australia. Is it any good? My favorite snack is chips and salsa and cheddar cheese with Triscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not gluten intolerant, but I have many friends who are. I remember when I was younger it was really hard for them and I'd always see my friends having to pack lunches/food wherever they went - even bringing their own "party foods" to birthday parties.

    Italian food here is good! Especially if you go to the authentic places - but I'm sure it can't beat Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the Simply Wize crusty bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really suprised by it. I've had some pretty nasty gluten free breads in the past, but this was really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. best product review Three are usually cheap Ralph Lauren available for sale each and every time you wish to buy.

    ReplyDelete